Friday, March 11, 2011

"Off, but still connected"

Surgery is over. Feeling better emotionally and physically today.

I arrived at the hospital only to be directed to 4 different desks for check-in. At one point a lady actually told me to "go to Operating room 7". Um.....don't I need to register and get an IV before I just knock on the OR door??

Finally I ended up on the Maternity ward. Really? Who thought that was a good idea? To put a woman going through a miscarriage on the floor with a bunch of women in labor and new moms?? Unacceptable. I immediately asked for a private room away from all of that. How insensitive! They moved me away from that floor where they said I would be "off, but still connected". I laughed and said, that is exactly the way I feel.

Then the fun of starting an iv began. They tried 9 times, 4 different staff members (including the anesthesiologist) and over 70 minutes to start the iv!! 9 times! You should see my arms. During the 5th or 6th attempt the women came in to draw blood for my labs. During them painfully sticking me in my other arm, she asks for me to straighten my other arm so she can draw my blood. I literally snapped. I screamed at her. "NO WAY! You will wait!"

After they got the iv going. The anesthesiologist begins to ask about my medical history. At one point he asks me "is there any chance you could be pregnant". I looked at him like he had 6 heads. "Ummm..yeah". That is kind of why I am here...a-hole! Really?! Did you even glance at my chart or look at what type of procedure I am having? At this point, my confidence level is 0.
After that..things went smoothly. Not much pain. Feeling more sane today. Feeling bad for another friend who is going through her 3 miscarriage. As tough as it is to hear about others becoming pregnant, it doesn't make it any easier to hear about other people having difficulties. That is worse. It shouldn't be so hard for good people to have babies! While people whom are terrible parents have no problems. Doesn't seem fair. Oh well. I am just thankful for the health of my family and for my Jackson.

I am thinking that I might forgo further interventions from Western medicine, save my money and buy a flight back to the Amazon. I am pretty sure that swimming with the mystical pink river dolphins is more promising. It is definitely becoming more clear that Jax is going to be the next tribal leader. Haha.
http://dolphinworld.users.50megs.com/pinkdolphin.html (See paragraph 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment